As the weather warms up over here, waffles are out and shakes are the new breakfast of choice! The kids love to drink them and I love being able to throw a whole bunch of healthy things into the blender to start their day off right! There is no specific recipe needed, as you can put what ever you want in there, and get creative!
Todays Blend
1 cup Raspberries
1 cup Strawberries (about a cup, I had to pick through them, some were rotten)
1 cup Blueberries (just dump some in)
Vanilla Yogurt (whatever looks good)
Whole Milk (just enough to get a good blend)
Then you turn on the blender and blend until it's the consistancy you prefer.
*Obviously I am not a recipe writer and the recipe is not why I writing about the shake.
After finding out the health benefits of food, I have been trying to get as much of the 'good stuff' into the kids as possible! Here's where the fun comes in:
Raspberries - Raspberries help fight against allergies, cancer, heart disease & high cholesterol.
They even have this acid that binds cancer causing chemicals and kills them. They also protect against cancer.
Strawberries - Strawberries are higher in Vitamin C than Oranges are. They fight against birth defects, cancer, constipation and heart disease. They help your memory and wound healing.
Blueberries-Blueberries are a ladies best friend! One of the things they protect against is wrinkles! They also fight cancer, heart disease, and UTI's. They also help your memory.
Yogurt- Yogurt is a great booster! It helps your bones, digestion, immune system and helps you control your weight. It also fights against cancer, canker sores, diarrhea, high blood pressure and yeast infections.
Milk- It does a body good! It can help you control your weight and keeps your bones good and strong! It helps fight against cancers, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, poison ivy and PMS. Drink up grouchy!
So now you can see why I am so excited to get a shake into the kids to start their day with! No, I do not do this everyday, the same as I don't excercise or do laundry everyday, but I am definately trying to make more of a habit of it!
*I get my info from Kitchen Counter Cures by Jerry Baker
1 comment:
What a GOOD mom! :) I think I might just go home and make a smoothie too now ;)
Post a Comment