Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

a baby shower!




So. Finally. The time has come to recap our adventure to the ol' PNW. This past month I, along with two of my favoite shorties, packed up and flew up to Washington. The plane trip was amazing! I'm not kidding! Jocelyn slept the whole time, while Maddi colored, was waited on by the flight attendants, and entertained the man seated behind us. Little did I know there were some eaves droppers and by the time we were getting off over half the plane was saying bye to maddi and hoping she had a great trip seeing her brother and cousins! Maddi made it a point to make sure everyone knew: where we were going, where we were staying and who we would all be seeing! (good thing she doesn't know her SSN or our bank routing numbers!) But seriously they both did great!


We had a very busy schedule to fill for our visit, and sadly didn't get to see everyone. It's so hard to fit in seeing 3 sides of family while trying to still relax, take care off the kids and make time for the small things. We try. We try. Our biggest excitement was first to see Jackson! Praise the Lord he is starting to feel better and almost finished with school so his his sisters can get back to work pestering him! He's had a rough year healthwise. Please keep him in your prayers. I've been thinking a lot lately about how time together really exceeds any other thing in life. I can really relate to Ecclesiastes sometimes ... So, with that being said... we had a really fun time! He was amazed that in just 2 1/2 months Jocelyn can talk clearly and Maddi knows some letters! It was so cute because you could see how proud he is of them! Coming in a close second was seeing all the rest of the family! We had such a fun time seeing auntie Shelly, uncle Chris and all the cousins! I learned some seriously cool stuff from and about Shelly in the kitchen this trip.


exhibit A : she bakes amazing bread



exhibit B: she taught me how to make 'cake pops'

I do not have a picture for this next remark, but I feel it should be mentioned ... Shelly has some serious skills with the knife. She's a fast chopper. Like on Iron Chef. I can honestly say I aspire to someday be like her in my kitchen!

.......................................................................................


We also had fun seeing granparents and extended family from 'other sides!' The main event for the trip was Sunday! We were able to throw Auntie Traci (and Uncle Brent) a babyshower! This is one Special addition to our family! We are all so excited to meet her and thankful to the Lord for His gift.










1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can "hear" you giggling while you write this. I to am jealous of anyone with Iron Chef knife skills...