Tante Krista & Jocelyn ... Sept. 2010
We love our Tante Krista so much! Not to leave out the other amazing tante's and aunties in our lives, right now tante Krista has been a hot topic and turned into a great opportunity to teach the kids already about the rest of the world. i.e. it really doesn't revolve around them and they are blessed... which by the way, is an incredibly hard thing to teach in todays day & age here in the western hemosphere. So what have we been learning?
Where:

Krista is based in Kona, HI (rough) doing her DTS (discipleship training school) learning about Jesus.
Then after she has learned more she goes on an airplane ride to:
TOGO, AFRICA

After showing the kids this picture of where Tante is going their reactions are amazing ....
Jackson: "WOW" ... [now this little man is full of many, many words and all he can say is "WOW" jaw dropped and all. ]
Maddi: "Mom, where's that boys clothes?" ...
Jackson: breaks his silence with "What about that house, can't they build nicer ones?" & "why is that boys belly so big?"
well I'm not sure on how to answer all of these questions I love the door it opens for conversation about other kids throughout the world. When Tante comes back we'll have lots of questions for her!
When you ask Jackson about what Krista is doing he'll say:
"Well she's going on a two day plane ride and then teaching kids about Jesus that don't know who he is yet." I love the faith and understanding of a child!

INSPIRED
"... I am out to change the world. How might you ask? One person at a time. What I mean is that I am pursuing to be a missionary. I am going to Africa. I am going to hold and care for children who don't have families, and I will whisper in their ear a secret ... One so powerful it will change their lives and eternities..." Jessica Marie
BLESSED
"... the race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all. Moreover, no man knows when his hour will come: As fish are caught in a cruel net, or birds are taken in a snare, so men are trapped by evil times that fall unexpectadly upon them." Ecclesiastes 9:11-12

EQUIPPED
"After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly." Acts 4:31
SENT OUT
"... All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teachingthem to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:18-20
2 comments:
BLOG COMMENT!!!
no but seriously.... we are all so proud of you tante krista!!! i'm so excited for you to be tante for my baby soon! keep up the good work! keep depending on God each day! it's all for HIM!
laura kiss all the babies for me, you are doing a great job!!!!
Hi! I didn't know you had a blog... just came across it and read some of your old ones. They are too funny! Hope you guys are doing well... I miss seeing Jackson (I used to cut his hair)and he was in Griffin's class. I LOVE your picture at the top of your blog. So cute, your girls are adorable!
Post a Comment